We're so happy you want to Foster!
For every dog or cat you foster, you're saving two lives - the one that is able to leave the crowded shelter and the one that can fill the empty spot.
Requirements to Foster
Before filling out the application please review the following to make sure you qualify to adopt a pet with us.
- Must live in the Rochester area (within 45min of VSES (Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services))
- Must be 23yrs or older.
- All resident pets must be spayed/neutered (or have a medical reason why your pet cannot be spayed/neutered).
- Must not have more than 3 resident dogs if you are interested in fostering dogs.
What You Need To Apply
Please make sure you have the following things ready before filling out the foster application. The process will go much quicker if all required information is provided when filling out the application.
- 1 Non-Family Reference (Name & Email)
- If you rent, Landlord contact information (Name & Email)
- If you live with your parents, Parent contact information (Name & Email)
- Vet Records for all resident pets showing they are spayed/neutered (or a note from your vet stating why they medically cannot be spayed/neutered)
- Pictures of the main areas of your home including the room where your foster will sleep. (Foster Room, Living Room, Backyard, etc.)
The Foster Application Process
- Fill out the Foster Application.
- Our Foster Team will review your vet records for any resident pets & check with your reference.
- Review the Foster Success Guide sent to your email and answer the questions at the end.
- Complete the Phone Interview with one of our Foster Coordinators.
I want to Foster!
Click below to complete our Foster Application.